Gamer Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking time

2 posters

Go down

Taking time Empty Taking time

Post by Lunanova Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 am

Alright so this thought kinda was inspired by Tony's "Identity Philosophy" post but then I started looking at it from a different perspective about our own identity. Really I think the most difficult thing for myself is figuring out who I am. What I stand for, what I truly want, what I believe in... it's all very confusing.

I must say, this era is quite unique. Never before has technology been so advanced and prominent in our lives. So prominent such that it's a little bit scary, I must admit. Slowly it seems our lives are become more punctual and schedule than EVER. I know it may sound cliche but slowly this world is becoming overrun with machines. We are no longer doing all the work or the thinking, computers are doing it for us. This leaves us at a state of a "grey" world... And we're losing ourselves.

It's like, hello? Anybody there? It seems that less people than ever don't take time each day for themselves and reflect on just them for a moment. I mean, I get caught up with all this "do this, do that" that I even forget that I'm a person and that I have feelings and needs and wants that I don't check in on. We really should all just try to get to understand ourselves better.

So that's what I ask of you. Take some time for yourself, just a few minutes :)
Lunanova
Lunanova
Mr. Incredible

Back to top Go down

Taking time Empty Re: Taking time

Post by aferrar2 Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:47 am

Absolutely agreed I think that what you learn as you get older is that this is what comes first. For me I have different outlets that help me reflect back on myself. It may seem weird, but books and comics in particular really help me, when you can identify with characters its a very nice reflection. I really enjoy that time and you are right its such a small part of our society. I think music is the ultimate time for reflection, and that this is our era's version of self correction.
aferrar2
aferrar2
One Small Step

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunanova Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Music is very influential and for me it's a conduit for the emotions and feelings I am
experiencing at that time that also portray itself in the music I write.
Lunanova
Lunanova
Mr. Incredible

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum